This course was designed to give instruction on the safe erection, inspection, tagging and dismantling of Frame Scaffolding in a residential or commercial environment.
The course will contain both in depth theory and hands-on practical portions.
PRE-REQUISIT: Fall Protection
· Ensure students understand the applicable OHS Regulations and CSA Standards
· Ensure students know how to complete a hazard and risk assessment through site inspection and documentation
· Explain Frame Scaffolding
· Explain Tie in methods and proper bracing
· Provide information to students and ensure their understanding of material handling and tools needed for scaffolding erection
· Provide commonly used hand signals for scaffolding
· Demonstrate and practice inspections and tagging of scaffolds and components
· Demonstrate and practice the safe use of Scaffolding from the planning stage to dismantling
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Safe Erections of Towers
Chapter 3: Providing Access
Chapter 4: Braces and Ties
· A pass mark of 70% must be obtained on exam in order to proceed to the practical portion.
Practical portion of course consists of:
· Pre-Use inspection of scaffolding equipment
· Proper erection/inspection/tagging/dismantling of scaffolds
· Documenting inspections
· Installing proper tagging systems (Green, Yellow or Red)
· Students will also be graded on their abilities to meet the requirements and standards covered in this course.
· Any number of days can be added for practical depending on the client’s needs.
· Minimum of 2 days practical recommended.